One of the most significant developments in privacy law worldwide is the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which was approved to replace the previous EU Data Protection Directive, and will take effect on May 25, 2018. GDPR replaces the current EU privacy regime – which includes separate data protection laws in each of the EU Member States – with a single data protection law across the EU. GDPR expands the privacy rights granted to EU individuals, and it places many new obligations on organisations that market to individuals in the EU, or track or handle EU personal data, no matter where an organisation is located.
247 Webcasting welcomes GDPR as an important step forward in streamlining data protection requirements across the EU, and as an opportunity for our companies to deepen our commitment to data protection.
How 247 Webcasting are supporting their customers’ compliance with GDPR
Compliance with GDPR requires a partnership between 247 Webcasting and our customers in their use of our services. We are dedicated to helping our customers comply with GDPR. We have made enhancements to our products, systems, procedures and documentation to help support our customers’ compliance with GDPR. 247 Webcasting acts as a data processor for personal data, which we process on behalf of clients, through their use of 247 Webcasting’s services. The GDPR requires companies that are subject to the GDPR to have contracts with their data processors that contain certain terms and information. 247 Webcasting has created the 247 Webcasting Data Processing Addendum to meet that requirement. It has been tailored to address the unique aspects of 247 Webcasting’s platform and services and reflects our data security procedures and data processing activities.
Once signed, your company will have terms in place directly with 247 Webcasting to cover transfers of EU personal data that may occur through your company’s use of the 247 Webcasting webinar platform and other services.
To review and download 247 Webcasting’s GDPR-compliant Data Processing Addendum, please click here.
Within the document, you will also find instructions for returning the signed addendum directly to 247 Webcasting.
Additional GDPR Compliance Readiness Actions
The following are some of the additional actions 247 Webcasting has taken to comply with GDPR:
- Reviewed our data processing activities to determine which data processing activities and systems are subject to the GDPR.
- Conducted an assessment of our current activities and privacy program against GDPR, and inventoried and mapped our data processing activities, including global data transfers.
- Reviewed and updated existing third-party service provider agreements to include GDPR-compliant data processing terms where necessary to comply with cross-border transfer obligations.
- Implemented and updated policies and procedures to address privacy-by-design principles. As part of this we have assessed data processing activities and related risks and implemented practices and safeguards to mitigate such risks.
- Updated and expanded internal processes to accommodate data subject rights requests.
Please feel free to email the 247 Webcasting privacy team at firstname.lastname@example.org.